Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How I became a Canucks Fan?

 I have decided to start writing again.  I missed it and its been a while. This is my 2nd account. I have a personal blogspot http:tiineewiinee.blogspot.com and this one is ofcourse for ALL my obsession especially the most important thing of all..  CANUCKS!!!

The new season is starting and I am very much excited to see how my beloved team will do this year.  I haven't been a fan for very long.  I couldn't care less about freakin hockey 2 years ago and my mom started watching the game.  Followed every goal, shootout, overtime and player.  I used to always say Canucks Sucks. (I cant believe it!)  Now I'm one of those obsessive fans that you see lurking at the parking lot of GM Place (yes, I will never ever call it -whatever you call it now RA?) just to catch a glimpse of a player heading inside.  I have collected every "The Province" newspaper with Canucks articles on it -- my mom would call me a hoarder and would say that I collect so much crap.  I'd  organize everything except I dont have time for it right now..  -- This especially happened during the playoffs.  The wall in my room does not have enough space for all my playoff posters.

You read it right, I used to say "Canucks Sucks" and now i regret it.  It seems like fate has an odd way of teaching me a lesson.  I would ask my mom.. "how stupid is that just like basketball battling about a stupid puck/ball, fuckin give them a puck each and it would end the game.." yeah I know horrible right? ugh.. *shudders* I have this friend his name is Chad and he is one obsessed Canucks and Luongo fan.  I'd always tease him and tell him how much of a loser Luongo was and how overrated he was! OMG Boy, how I am eating each and every word right now...

The ultimate question how did I become a fan?.. It started during a playoff game against St.Louis Blues.  My mom was watching the game and I was like.. holy crap they are good! and I saw how amazingly good Luongo was and right then and there.. I fell in love with how good he played at that game.. (I was a newbie so,,, every save he did my heart pounded) I wanted to know more about him.. wanted to know more about the whole team and memorized the numbers and names of each player. That same week, my sister and I bought our very first Canucks shirt (there wasnt any Luongo shirts for girls so I got a Burrows one - that is now signed by Alex himself! - yes were on a first name basis :D) Like what they always say.. the rest is history.

One last thing I will say is that.  I admit that the first time I saw them play I noticed how hot and gorgeous the players are, but as I watched every game, read every article I got to know the players on interviews, what attracted me the most to this team is their involvement in the community, each of their personalities and how awesome and great they played. Most of them have a great sense of humor and Im a huge sucker for funny :)  I listened to their podcasts and I cant even count how much it made me "awwww" each time.  Ladies tell me Im not alone here..

No matter what a person looks like as long as they have big hearts and an awesome personality that makes them attractive.  Ill leave you with "Beauty and hotness creates attraction but personality wins the heart" - not sure from which twitter user I got this but this is so true.. Goodnight!

@KrispyKrisy

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kristine...you are a very good writer. This is an awesome beginning to a new blog. You write like you speak and that is a "gift" one not to be taken lightly. Not everyone can do this.

    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ted! I really appreciate it! :) I just couldnt sleep so.. yeah hahah I tried blogging before but I couldnt find time.. :) thank you so mcch!

    ReplyDelete